#March2Greatness Campaign is an ambitious concept by young beneficiaries of Slumcode who are rallying the World to support our call to create awareness, mobilize resources and resource partners to collaborate with us to realize vision. The most audacious youth project in Kenya’s history in line with our mission –
“to create a space for talent, innovation and knowledge building amongst our creative but less privileged budding youthful entrepreneurs to identify, access, and leverage technology based platforms and resources through research, experiment, incubation and training for solutions in creating jobs.”
The Slumcode Innovations and Creatives Hub THE SLIC LAB project, the 1st of it kind space targeting talented youth population in the East Side of Nairobi has an estimated budget of Kshs. 500,000,000.00 (USD – 5M) to be implemented in a 4 Phase Strategy 2016 – 2020.
- Creation, Development and Launch of a Theme Song Audio/Video to mobilize a public a buy-in and raise initial resources to identify and purchase a 6 Acre Land along Kangundo road. 2016 – 2018
- Engage creative youthful Engineers to #Draft #Design #Model the visualized facility or space and Unveil a Model Facility to launch other fundraising activities and partnerships. March 2019
- Ground Breaking ceremony to begin construction to host numerous business and office space for rental tenancy. June 2019
- Occupation by partners for business tenants, followed by official opening by The President of Kenya. 2020
Slumcode beneficiaries currently handling and managing own initiatives/companies will be key stakeholders in this process. This team will coordinate, manage and run the entire campaign to its ultimate success.
BACKGROUND. The Slumcode Group was founded back in 2006 by a young person whose family had moved to Huruma Estate from Ofafa Jericho (both located in the EastSide of Nairobi traditionally considered low income regions). Albert Nashon – influenced his peers including artists, students and other jobless youth in the area who usually frequented his small computer and stationery shop, later – the 1st cyber cafe in the area running on a landline analogue connection and also offering computer lessons to youth from the area.
11 Years later and many beneficiaries, ; young people were mentored and connected to opportunities this is OUR STORY. We have been setting the pace for community driven development in line with the Millennium Development Goals today Sustainable Development Goals #4 & #9
ACTIVITIES 2016 – 2018
- Launch Campaign on Social Media
- Youth create and record Musical March2Greatness Anthem
- Concept and Script for Anthem Video defined
- Initial fundraising concepts designed to sustain secretariat.
- Video Launch and March2Greatness Grand Walk
- Hike For The Great Kilimanjaro Climb